- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Under the general direction of the site manager, the Assistant Site Manager leads and supervises janitorial staff at a large, complex facility and is responsible for delivering the highest quality service to the client. Daily reports are provided to the Site Manager.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the employees. Utilize sound performance improvements and motivational techniques. Conduct employee training and coaching when needed.
- Ensures quality standards are met in accordance to goals and client requirements.
- Optimize machine and equipment utilization by ensuring equipment is used to maximum capacity through scheduling and repairs.
- Partner with Human Resources on employee relations issues and keep the Site Manager abreast of any issues or consequences in a timely and consistent manner.
- Provide assistance on administrative duties such as participating in site management reporting; participate in the analysis of new equipment, methods, etc.
- Ensure safe operating practices are enforced through effective management and training.
- Ensure all company processes and programs are properly implemented and consistently followed.
- Maintain proper documentation and files as required by the customer and company policy.
- Safeguard and secure company proprietary information and property.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, company policies, contractor policies and customer policies as related to the performance of the service level agreement.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 3 to 5 years of janitorial supervisory or leadership experience in a large complex facility/organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Ability to work varied and flexible shifts when required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Team builder with strong coaching and teaching skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication
- Extensive skill in troubleshooting, problem solving and listening.
Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Valid driver's license, clear DMV record, able to pass a background check and drug screen.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Frequent standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, and squatting is required.
Frequent sitting at a desk/computer for long periods is required.
Frequent light lifting of less than 40 lbs. is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Burks Companies reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Directly related experience/education beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate.